just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Sewer Excitement, Part Poo

Just got back from the Kids' orchestra practice. As I drove down our street, I could see all sorts of lights: headlights, tail lights, spots lights. They're still here (see the post below).

Yup. Still at it. At least we've got water again.



So all the lights belong to the boss man's truck, the plumber's truck and the truck & trailer that hauled the digger-thing. Three guys watch while the guy in the digger digs awhile, then one will jump in the hole (which is now about seven feet deep) and do some hand digging. I'm not sure what that white pvc pipe is for, but as long as they clear up the sewer so that we can pee and poop without fear, I'm all for it.

6 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger GodlessMom said...

I wish you a fear-free pee! Hopefully they will be done before bedtime!

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Hope you got a lot of bushes out back.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger dddragon said...

Update on the update: it's after 9:30 pm and they are just now packing up. They've filled the hole and will return another day (perhaps next week) to tamp down the dirt and seed the lawn. They'll be back tomorrow sometime to run a super jet-blade machine down the white pipe and clear out the roots.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

I like the title. By the way, digger thing=backhoe,

Thanks for doing Waking Ambrose today.

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I love the idea of writing phone numbers on the lawn. I guess he didn't want to spray it on his truck.

(I get pix from only 2 places, basically: Google images, and www.dribbleglass.com)

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Love these posts! Dad and drove by your place this morning just to see what the state of things was. (Didn't have my DSL at that point.)

What the heck is that big white pipe-thing sticking up in the front yard????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home