just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Old Photo Sunday

This old photo is on metal - I don't know if it's literally a "tintype" or not. It's been in an old paper folder, which I used as a backdrop when I scanned it in.

The boy in the photo is my dad Niks's dad. I posted another old photo of him last year. Elmer was born in 1892, the photo is undated. Not sure what age to guess him at.

I've been feeling particularly dull and unimaginative lately. This may be just because my head is still congested and I'm tired.

And I'm also plagued by the Blues. So have many of my co-workers. I don't know why ~ the winter weather and lack of sunshine, frustrations and annoyances of our jobs and families, the world in general. Maybe five years of taking catalog orders is enough for some of us. I dunno.

Hopefully Punxsutawney Phil will give us good news soon.

13 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

I'll go on record predicting an early spring.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Sar said...

I know it's only January, but I've got budding trees and shrubs that tell me it's already spring here.

I think I know how to cheer you up, 3D. Come down to visit me, and I'll greet you with lots of chocolate and hugs, and we can rant about all things moronic in the South. Maybe we can find a Sonic too. :)

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Sar said...

Did I mention the budding trees and warm weather? *in my best hypnotic attempt*...Coooome seeeee meeeee 3ddddddd.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger the many Bs said...

That is a very cool picture. You have some very cool photos in your collection.

I'm with you on the winter blues. I am not usually affected much, but I am dull and depressed and down and all I want to do is sleep... we need some spring and sunshine.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Great picture, dddragon!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger sherle said...

Sounds like its time for a new job and new challenges. I used to feel like that after about 4 years - Does your company have job postings? ...and sunshine is a biggy!!! We got some here in mid-Michigan yesterday AND today. It makes all the brand new snow even look pretty.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I see you were sick, too, 3D. I came down with the flu; today is the first day since Thursday that I feel "right." Well, almost. I'm still hacking and all, but the world is no longer spinning around.

Nice picture.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I always like looking at the clothes people wore. What a neat pic.

I wish you a sunny week!!

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Some say that "reds" are quick cures for the blues. Now the trick is to get your doctor to prescribe some.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Yeah. Winter is not bright enough this year. One lousy snow, and that was in December. But spring is not far away.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Nice pic of Grandpa!

Lots of folks seem to have the blues. Today I gave one of my work presentations, and I felt unbelievably burned-out.

Hope your blues go away!

 
At 3:40 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

No, no, no, no, no! You and Sar come on over to Spain... I live in the south too and we've got morons galore, plus the beach and sunny weather and pink British tourists we can laugh at! You can't beat that now can you!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

He looks to be about 11 and would rather be chasing a hoop with a stick.

I wish that pictures like this had been passed down in my family. Sometimes it would be good just to know where a "turn of the mouth" comes from.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home