just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Schwartz

Last night, our friend Semisweet1, his parents and family business was featured on the Food Network's Unwrapped program on Chocolate Creations.

Semisweet's grandfather founded Schwartz Candies, where one can purchase "Chocolate Covered Marshmallows that are Out of this World!"


I have personally tasted them, and can tell you that they do live up to their name! The Valentine brochure arrived the other day, and I've been drooling over it. If I lived near them, I would be visiting every day to get one.

It was a fun program to watch, and since I recorded it, I watched the Schwartz segment twice.

Unwrapped also covered other chocolatiers, one of which was Dove Chocolates. I learned that Dove is made in Elizabethtown, PA, which is between us and Lancaster. Didn't know that they were so close!! There is another chocolate company in that general area. Wilbur Chocolates is in Lititz. And of course, there is always Hershey's, which is nearby.

15 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Dddragon, you're a gem.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

Mmmmm I am a Turtle patties type of girl! However a chocolate covered graham cracker could be quite nice as well.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Minka said...

I would give quite a bit to taste these chocolate covered marshmellows. They are nowhere to be found here though :( They look so delicious.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Oh you lucky stiff. Living in a sea of chocolate... Life is so sweet....

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Sar said...

I watched it too. It was so surreal hearing Semi speak, I recognized his voice right away from his audio posts on Doug's sites. Man, did those treats look delicious. I'm gonna get me some!

Did you see the segment on the Sam Adams chocolate beer? Made me think of Actonbell.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Tom & Icy said...

That would be some place to work! Yum!

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Fred said...

No shortage of chocolate in your neck of the woods. I could get seriously addicted.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger dddragon said...

Oh, yeah, Sar, that bit about the Sam Adams chocolate beer made me think of Actonbell, too. lol

And Fred, I AM addicted.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger sherle said...

oh man..... i would get fat just breathing the air in PA!!!! ;-)

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Get out!!! PA must be the Chocolate Capital of the World! And how cooool to have a friend on TV! I have one that's going to be hosting a special on the History channel soon, or so I'm told. Anyway, I have distant relatives who live in Lititz. I never knew there was a chocolate factory there!

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

I wish I could have seen it and seen Semi too! But alas, I am in Spain and so... woe is me!

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Oh yeah... Valentine's Day is coming. I hate Valentine's Day. I might have to rant about it this year.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Aral, I'm with you. In January and February I avoid starting relationships to dodge that bullet. Then I have 10 months free until I have to start avoiding relationships again.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger TLP said...

*Drool* I want to borrow the recording of that show. Those Schwartz Candies are absolutely wonderful.

Valentine's Day is full of pitfalls for sure.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Minka said...

Doug, Valentines day...14th of february, right? Not a big deal here. You don´t have to give anything, but I have seen in movies taht American women get flowers and chocolates on this day. So, if I´d live in teh States...I´d get Schwartz' marshmallows covered in chocolate? Some serious thought has to go into that thought!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home