just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Monday, February 06, 2006

MacGyver is Back!

After all the complaining that twin B, Goa'uld, did the last few days about how obnoxious all the Steelers fans have been, I thought that she would not stay and watch the game. But she did. And when Nod cheered Bobby Engram's touchdown (he's a Penn State graduate), Goa'uld said "HEY!?" We had to laugh. So being born and raised in the Commonwealth did matter in the end. Even if we were surrounded by a sea of black and gold. Even our minister was in on it on Sunday morning. And it will continue for sure now.

Well, we did watch the whole game. It started out that we were watching for the commercials. Honestly. And I must say that for the most part we were disappointed. The best ones seemed to be the cell phone ads. One even had a bit of a tribute to Benny Hill! And the one that made the "crime deterrent" claim was funny, too. iFilm has many of them, if you'd like to see them.

Then came the commercial that made it all worthwhile.

When face popped up on the televisions screen, Goa'uld and I gasped. She jumped in her seat on the sofa - it sounded like something fell and broke, but it was ignored.

This is Richard Dean Anderson, star of the MacGyver series that ran 1985 to 1992. He played Col. Jack O'Neill in Stargate from 1997 to 2005. The commercial is for Mastercard, where RDA is reprising his MacGyver role. Priceless.com has the ad, interviews and more. Hey, AP3, at the end of the interview, he points out that he is mullet-less now!

I really love this commercial!

If you've been reading this blog for long, and that of Goa'uld, you know that we are a Stargate family. A year ago we went to a Stargate convention. Before our girls were born, Nod and I were MacGyver fans. We got to see him play ice hockey at the Hershey Bears' old arena many, many years ago. Somewhere there is a bad photo of me with him.

For a blast from the past, here is the MacGyver theme music. It's my cell phone ring. ;-)

7 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger TLP said...

The commercials were just fair.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

Very disappointing show of commercials however I did enjoy the Budweiser with the Clydesdales. The pony was like the little engine that could!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Marti said...

I agree...the baby Clydesdale and the MacGyver ones were the best.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Sar said...

Holy moly, there's some else on this planet that's as big a MacGyver fan as hubby.

When my in-laws were here for a recent visit, the toilet in guest bathroom clogged (don't ask). After my FIL and hubby both tried to clear it, I was finally able to. Hubby wanted to know what MacGyver secret I used.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I agree, 3D, the ads were mediocre.

I liked MacGyver. And, as you know, I like TV theme songs. Thanks for posting this one, it's pretty good.

I've never heard of Priceless.com. so thanks for the link. I'm headed over there now.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

I thought the commercials were more disappointing than the game.

No kidding, Nox. You and Goa'uld and Tok'ra are Stargate fans? Huh.

MERRRRRRRRRGH!!!!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Man, that Una's sarcastic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home