just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Monday, March 06, 2006

Old Photo Explained

My husband Nod sent this email from work this morning:

I read your blog this morning. I decided to use my deductive reasoning and analytic skills. Well, the mystery photo was taken at Jones Beach State Park in New York. My family (before I was born) used to spend a significant amount of time there. They used to have an Indian Festival on the beach. The structure in the background is just a water tower. Actually, in this photo it look like they're in from the beach.


And he sent this photo:



Photo by Bill Kinney

So I Googled Jones Beach New York and found this image of the top of that tower:

Not nearly as fun as what you guys were coming up with.

PS: Blogger is giving me trouble and I can't get the words to look normal sized.

6 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger Sar said...

Sorry I missed old photo Sunday yesterday, 3D. But it's neat to see the images you and Nod found in conjunction with both posts.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Marti said...

How cool that you were able to collaborate for the answer!

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Very interesting. Who knew? I've never been there.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Minka said...

See, I am offline and I am missing game-guess time. I am so competitive and this my my joy...I really have to get my computer connection working!

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger TLP said...

I still think it was a space ship. What does Nod know? Hmrpf

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Good sleuthing you guys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home