just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Thursday, March 02, 2006

This 'n' That

Just a few notes before I head out this morning . . .

Got an email from Nod this morning already:
Boy... I really supported the fleet this morning. I received a call from my old boss Jonathan who is in Afganistan. He needed some information on a weapon we control at the ICP. I was able to gather the information from different sources and send him the information via email.

We were supposed to get snow and ice this morning. Got neither. Everyone was all in a dither yesterday with the forecast. Rained a little so far about about half an hour ago.

Yesterday a woman calling from Missouri told me that the utilities are trying to get the state to allow them to tack on a surcharge on to bills of customer who don't use enough energy. Is this for real? I can't believe it ... and yet I do. Scary.

(This same woman talked to me for 50 minutes about her daughters and grandkids.)

And for the first time in ages I actually went out to the Y and exercised. Walked the treadmill for half an hour for a total of 1.2 miles. A whole 158 calories. (geeeez)

That's all folks for now.

8 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

That's pretty interesting that a guy in Adganistan calls Pennsylvania for help with a weapon.

Well done at the gym. You deserve a 140-calorie chocolate-covered marshmallow. Leaves you with 12, which is a nice, round dozen.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

A tax for people that do not use enough energy? What kind of communist crap is that?

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Ditto to what the lazy iguana said. He stole the words right outta my mouth.

And exercise? Wow, you have my admiration. I walk, and should exercise more (I admit).

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Kind of like paying farmers for things they don't grow. Go figure.

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Sar said...

3D, if you lived by me we wouldn't need treadmills, we could go walk together! Though, I'm sure we'd have our share of fun people watching & dishing about them at the Y. :)

As for the taxing - what the others above me said!

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Yea on the exercise. There are many benefits besides calorie useage.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger A Little Bar of Soap said...

They SHOULD surcharge people who don't use enough energy. Energy use -- and lots of it -- is part of what makes America great! Praise be to Jesus!

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I used to be public utility commissioner in Oregon. It would have taken me about 6 minutes to read and toss that Missouri utility proposal in the ash can. "Let's see, we need to conserve energy, so let's require people to use more."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home