just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Yum ... A Post Valentine's Day Report


Many women complain about their male significant others when it comes to Valentine's Day. Not me. Nod is a gem when it comes to this.

Now, for days I've been racking my brain what to get my husband for Valentine's Day. Wasn't going to Hallmark to get some plush bear holding a heart. We have enough clutter in our home without adding more that proclaim love and affection.

But nothing was coming to mind. That is, nothing short of winning the lottery.

And it got worse when a red rose bud surrounded by baby's breath in a pretty vase arrived on the 13th. Aaargh. Here I am, the day before and nothing purchased.

And so the whole Eve of Valentine's passed without finding anything.

For Pete's Sake. And yet I could not bring myself to just purchase ANY-meaningless-thing!

To my relief, there was nothing on the table when I came downstairs on Valentine's morning. Good. The flower arrangement was it. So I don't have to feel SO guilty. And I still have the afternoon to shop.

But you KNOW that still nothing was found. Poooor pitiful me.

So when Nod came home for work, I was just about in tears, feeling like the lowest of the low. Nothing for my husband! What kind of woman am I? (no ... don't answer that!)

Nod was fine with it, shushing my lament.

Then he said, "well, I don't know if this will make it better or worse ..." as he pulled a gift bag out of the closet.

Instantly I felt worse. What a CAD I am!

But when I unwrapped the package, all the aforementioned was instantly forgotten.


I had a box of Schwartz' Chocolate Covered Marshmallows.

Nod had to call twice to order this - the first time he realized that he didn't have his credit card. But he did talk to Stan's mom. She kinda, almost complained about the number of calls that they had gotten after their appearence on the Food Network's Unwrapped program. Then Nod called back later and got Stan on the phone.

In typical Nod fashion, he had trouble remembering Doug's name or my blogger name. That Nod. But he's always been that way. (I could always tell when he had forgotten the name of someone we ran into - he wouldn't introduce me.)

YUM. Mine, all mine!

11 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Blogger mireille said...

WOW! I am SO envious! I too hope to someday have a box of Semisweet's product for my very own. Lucky girl! And it's nice to hear Valentine success stories (short interlude to proclaim how wonderful MY husband it, too) xoxo

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Dell: I think you better start Christmas shopping right now. Maybe you'll find something by Christmas eve.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Marti said...

Awww, what a wonderful thing to do!

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Yum! I can almost taste them!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger tlm said...

My S.O. is all about the Valentine's Day, while I'm not. (Sentimentality is not one of my strong points, for sure!).

So, for the second year in a row, I'm guilted into buying something.

Damn you and your holidays, Hallmark!!! :)

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Excellent! Rock on Nod! Me Wonder Woman Pez was good to me too... flowers, books and a CD. I was lame by comparison.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Nice one, Nod. That's funny about Stan's mom (Rhoda, next time he calls.) Did he forget your blogger name, or is it hard to say your wife's a Dddragon so close to Valentine's Day?

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Minka said...

I just think it is hard to pronounce those 3 ds, without overdoing it;)
bUt a lovely story and a green shape formerly known as Monika!

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Those chocolates do sound good.

I have not heard of them before, but your description, and the fact that they came specially from hubby makes me green with envy!

Enjoy them.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

oooo lucky, lucky you! i didn't get anything from anyone, although some people claim to be my Valentine.

are you listening, Doug??? pshaww!
*stomps off in a huff*

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Sar said...

Wow, 3D, that's fantastic. Your hubby did that all on his own too. Big bonus points for that! Hubby and I both without planning it wound up getting playful naughty-ish gifts for each other. I found lottery rub offs for lovers that I gave to hubby. But get this, they come with a disclaimer saying the rewarding of any prize won is not guaranteed and is contingent upon the gift giver's mood at the time of the recipient's winning. How funny is that? Never you mind what he got me, but suffice to say he custom ordered it, so big bonus points to him too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home