just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Boob Tube Toons


Puppytoes over at CentralSnark got me thinking about the shows that I watched as a kid, especially the cartoons.

At Toon Tracker, you can find alot of those old cartoons - my favorites are from the 1960's: Hercules, Speed Racer, 8th Man, Gigantor, Top Cat, Fantastic 3, Prince Planet, Astro Boy, Marine Boy, Kimba the White Lion, and more.

Some I had completely forgotten about, like Fearless Fly.

Make sure that you take a look at the RealAudio page of theme songs for these shows.


The Mighty HerculesGigantorFelix the Cat

8 Comments:

At 2:12 AM, Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

NO WAY! I can watch Felix The Cat on the internet??!?!?

Ill never get to sleep now.

By the way, do not forget to stop by my site today. I have a "Lewis The Cat" post.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger TLP said...

Your mother should have made you watch educational shows! What was she thinking?

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Fred said...

My favorite was Gigantor. I can still remember the music to the cartoon. Crap, am I a nerd.

What a great find - thanks for the link.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Trixie was my first love.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger puppytoes said...

when i was in college we used to watch old reruns of Giant Robot. too funny. my all-time favorite is still Looney Tunes--LOVE daffy duck! (especially the kind of "movie themed" cartoons... daffy in a zoot suit... sigh good times!)ooh and i'm pretty happy watchin' Rocky and Bullwinkle. i also adored Felix (cool link--can't wait to show my son!) i'm fond of Betty Boop, too!

thank you for this extra special trip down the animated memory lane! (i have to confess i'm liking a few of the shows on Adult Swim... but it's not the same!)

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Marti said...

Yeah! I watched Felix the Cat too!

Thanks for the memories!

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

My favourite was 'Help! It's The Hair Bear Bunch!'

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Karen said...

bugs bunny and mickey mouse! tee, hee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home