just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Just the Pix, Ma'am

I'm on my way out to get more paper plates and bowls. And bleach to wash things in, since the faucet water still ain't useable. In the meantime, here are some photos that I took:















Ground Zero, as you might recognize. It looks very much the same as it has since the area was cleaned up. I think that construction on the memorial might start soon.















The streets between the Towers' footprints and the river are eerily quiet. The street on the far side of this "void" is where the traffic picks up again. Also, the other side is where there is a more official viewing point, with plaques and so forth.




















This is also where you'll see the black-outfitted police, with flak jackets, machine guns and dogs. I wasn't expecting this.

I got to meet the awesome Still Life. WOW. What a woman. She's an inspiration. I visited for more than an hour and a half and the time just flew. I know that I could have spent hours more chatting with her. We'll have to have a Pez Family-Still Life gathering again sometime.

We went to the Musuem of Natural History, which is a good museum. If you ever go to it, make sure that you go by subway. The station at 81st Street is neat - and make sure that you see both levels. The tile walls make it obvious where you're going.

Well, now Blogger isn't letting me upload any more photos, so I'll save that for another time. Besides, I still need to go to the store.

later, y'all!

6 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Great shot of you and the girls!

I'm so glad that you met Mikki. She's the best.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Minka said...

I second Actonbell on this one. there was something about paper and cleaning watery stuff and than there were these pictures. Quick mind you have :)

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Lila said...

Interesting photos. The police photo reminds me of Italy, where there were national police (Caribinieri, spelling?) all over the place looking kinda like that. It's kinda weird, isn't it?

I saw Ground Zero about a year ago, and I see it hasn't changed much as I look at your photos.

It's so cool that you saw Mikki!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

It is quite a segue from disaster to disaster. I third or fourth how cool it is that you guys met. I'd like a tape.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

First, I was watching the news last night and feeling kind of concerned about you people living in the flooding area. I hope you escape any disasters.

The photos of ground zero just bring it all back don't they?

Still Life is becoming part of the Pez Dynasty!
:-)

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

Great photos...But jeez, not a lot has changed down there.
I didn't realize that there were still all of those machine gun clad officers patrolling about.
I remember when they first began showing presence in the subway stations and cars--surreal.

Boy, we sure had fun, didn't we?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home