just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Friday, June 23, 2006

Old Photo Weekend:
Suddenly, New York

This summer is pretty booked - not every day, but enough days here and there that it messes up our chances for a family vacation. We'll have to pay closer attention to this next year and plan better.

The Girls will be going to a Girl Scout/Girl Guide World Center in Mexico for two weeks, starting July 3. Weekely Band rehearsals start next Monday night. Trombone, trumpet and piano lessons (and we still didn't arrange for some guitar lessons for Bookworm yet). Band camp July 31-August 4 (six + hours a day). Need to sign the girls up for driver's ed. I'm teaching at a kid's art camp, and working my part-time job.

So, when Nod got a couple of bonuses at work and I saw a small window of opportunity, we decided to GO! We're leaving for NYC after my art class this morning, and will return Monday afternoon in time for band. Hoping to see Still Life!


This photo is not so very old: it was taken on Father's Day, June 2001. It's my twin daughters on one of the Twin Towers. Nod had read on the offical TT website that on Father's Day, any dad that brought a tie to donate to some cause would get to go up to the top for free. When we got there, the employees didn't know anything about it (we were the first to show up with a tie). But a manager said, let him up, good grief! So, much later on, we wondered what happened to that tie, did anyone else bring a tie, and was it still there 80 days later when the towers were attacked.

Thanks to mom for watching after The Boys while we're gone.

13 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Blogger Lila said...

NYC is aweseom... *sigh*

You've GOT to see Still Life!!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Minka said...

For twins they look really not that similar. I bet they do everything to achieve that.
Have a lovely time in NYC!

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Have a great trip. Tell that crazy dude in Washington Park, Doug says hello.

I bet Goa'uld will feel a little less evil when you get back.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Oh, and I really hope you get to meet Still Life. I know she's on my itinerary for my next trip there.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger TLP said...

I hope everything goes perfectly.

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Enjoy your trip!! The pic of the girls is so cute. We have pics from there from Sept 2000. How eerie it is to look at those now.

I'm sure your girls will have a great time doing all their activities this summer.

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

SWEET! Have a blast in the Big Apple. I know I would.

You know.....I have not met one single person from Blogger Land. I might have to change that one of these weeks.

Want a long haired white cat that pees on stuff? Ill bring her to you!

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Have a GREAT time. New York in the summer is a great place to be. I'm jealous.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

Wow, what a fascinating thought...
I had never heard of the tie thing at the Towers and am now curious.

Maybe I'll have the answer by the time that you arrive.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

You are entirely too busy. Slow down so I can catch my breath.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Sar said...

LOL, Hoss. Have a great trip, 3D. I hear it's supposed to be mad raining, but if I know you, you'll just be so thrilled to be away that you might not even notice. Enjoy your visit with the amazing Still Life and send my regards. Oh wait, I can do that here - hi Still Life! Give Still Life a smile for me.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger puppytoes said...

well color me embarrassed. by time i made it over here, your weekend's half-way over. d'oh! hope you're having a wonderful time in *spite* of the truly crappy weather. (Saturday was none too pleasant, was it?)

i'd never heard the tie-thing, either. can't wait to hear what Still Life finds out! xox

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Marti said...

Hope you have a terrific trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home