just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Monday, December 27, 2004

Blogging & Other Blogs

Occasionally I use the button in the upper right corner to see what other people are blogging. Once I came across one by an atheist who was being harassed by her Christian mother. Then the next several were very much evangelical in nature. Interesting.

Just a few moments ago I came across the blog of Maureen McHugh, a novelist. (look her up on Amazon). It's the first time I've ever commented on another's blog ... our blogs have been used for family communication. There were three things about her and the blog that I felt some connection: that she has written Science Fiction, her comments about her friend in the military, and her hair loss.

The latter really strikes me, probably because of Uncle Mike's Xmas card. Still urks me that he remarried so quickly. Yes, we all knew he would, but two months later?! I obviously need to get over it, but his little note just made me mad. #!&%

On a purely materialistic note, working at the Call Center was more pleasant today, since Xmas is over. People are looking for sales, but not for gifts. Now we just wait for calls on the new catalog that isn't supposed to be delivered until January 4, but is out already 'cause the stores are handing them out! And not all the items are available yet - LOL. "But I just got the catalog, what do you mean it's not available!"


2 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger Lila said...

Yeah, I look at other blogs sometimes. They are often very serious. Many are not in English -- the nerve! I've come across several blogs by sex addicts.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger dddragon said...

Yah, I've seen a few of the sex ones, and lots of advertising-types (credit cards, real estate, items for sale). I wonder how you can find a particular blog again if you forgot to look at the address? There doesn't seem to be a search feature. Funny, when using that button up @ the top, I've gotten some of the dumb ones more than once ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home