just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Monday, January 17, 2005

Random Thoughts for a Snowy Day

Well, we finally got some snow, even if it's only about an inch. Enough to make the yards white-looking, with taller stuff sticking thru. Too bad the Kiddies can't go skiing, however, they've mid-term exams to study for. I wasn't scheduled to work today, the SO is a government employee, and school's out for MLK day, so it was nice that the whole family got to sleep in. (It's past 10 am and we haven't seen Kiddie A yet.)

There's a rumor going around here in southcentral PA that Gov. Rendell is going to ask that if there is an all-Pennsylvania Super Bowl that it be held in Beaver Stadium, State College (Penn State's stadium). On a couple of levels it does make sense. Beaver Stadium can hold at least 100,000 people (but frequently attendance at games seem to be over 107,000) which is a lot more than Heinz Stadium at 65,000 (home of the Steelers). The Super Bowl is set to be played in Jacksonville, FL, in a stadium that has a capacity of 83,000 if they add temporary seats in the south end zone (this is more than I usually know ... I just looked it up). Normally I only care about collegiate football, noteably Penn State. But since we tuned in to the end of the Steeler-Jet game (just to see what the score was) and ended up seeing the end of the game (pretty fun!) I've been paying a little more attention.

Girl Scout cookie sales for my Kiddies has been slower/lower than in past years, mostly due to my not making them go door-to-door (got tired of them whining) and people just not responding. My Cookie Mom and I are hoping that we get to get a booth at the Home Builders Show in March to help make up for slow sales.

Pratt left a nice comment, and got me thinking about a new blog poll on Irwin Allen productions. I certainly watched enough of them as a kid, especially The Time Tunnel and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (which is what I had in mind when I typed 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea in my TV SciFi Poll. I guess it's been toooo long since I saw that one! I need either the SciFi or TVLand channels to start rerunning that one. Have seen a couple of the ol' Macgyver series recently.

Which reminds me ... somewhere there is a blurred photo of me with RDA, but you can only see the top half of my head (thx SO!). And that we're hoping to get down to VA to the Stargate convention next month. It's been years since I've been to a SF con, and my Kiddies have never seen anything like one. Should be very interesting!

And now, it's time for another photo ... here I am, the family Cat Couch. First Chatham sat on my lap, then Salem decided that he had to be up there, too. He likes to climb higher than Chatham does. btw, Chatham is 17 and Salem is 7 years old.




4 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger Emily Ferrara said...

Hi there! Love the photo of you as Cat Couch! Have Aral bring home a couple of boxes of GS cookies -- we especially love the Thin Mints & the Peanut Butter/Chocolate cookies. Girl Scouts are few and far between in my world!

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Yes, we'll have to get some GS cookies! Very cute picture. Heh heh, heh heh, you said "beaver"! It can't be a Steelers-Eagles Super Bowl 'cause I want the Patriots in it! I want Patriots-Eagles.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger dddragon said...

beaver beaver beaver beaver beaver beaver beaver beaver beaver beaver beaver beaver beaver beaver beaver beaver

... what book mentions "wide open beavers"? I'm thinking Vonnegut, but don't know why.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Good photo! Cute first born, and first grandcat. Other cat cute too, plus doesn't bite the hand that feeds him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home