just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Thursday, December 30, 2004

New Year Resolutions

I haven't made a Resolution in many years. Then it used to be to lose weight and/or to exercise. This year I have made one: to put emergency items in our family van.

When our Kiddies were babies, I had all kinds of things in there: blankets, extra diapers, canned formula, crackers & Cheerios, cheese&peanut butter crackers, water and of course a first aid kit and jumper cables. Now all there is left are the cables and the kit. That sounds like enough, right? But now that winter is here there should be blankets in case we get stranded (recently, travelers in Indiana were stranded on the highways for hours during a heavy snow storm) and kitty litter or sand in case of ice. Water and some food like the cheese/peanut butter crackers wouldn't hurt. I need to make sure that the first aid kit is filled - does it have gloves? How about a flash light? And to be paranoid, I want to get a nail punch or hammer in case we need to exit thru a window. (I heard on a news report years ago that more people drown in their cars than you would think.)

So, leaving that pleasant thought ... I forgot to mention a very fun thing that happened at my In-Laws. My BIL has been giving us Lottery tickets for almost 20 years. A dollar here and there, but mostly zilch. Well, this year we hit it big - at least for us! The Kiddies won $20 between them, and I won $110!! Yippee!


5 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger Lila said...

I have minimal emergency stuff in my little car too. But I DO have an extensive collection of gods on my dashboard -- Jesus, Moses, Mary, Buddha, etc. -- hopefully they'll pull me through.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger TLP said...

Thanks for the reminder dddragon. We should ALL put those supplies in our cars. DO YOU HEAR THAT LUCINDA AND ARAL?

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger TLP said...

Thanks for the reminder dddragon. We should ALL put those supplies in our cars. DO YOU HEAR THAT LUCINDA AND ARAL?

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Lila said...

"I don't care if it rains or freezes long as I got my plastic Jesus sittin' on the dashboard of my car...."

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger dddragon said...

Well, you see, by preparing for unknown emergencies, I ensure that none will happen. It's like when I carry an umbrella ... it doesn't rain!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home