just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Saturday, January 08, 2005

It's Pennsylvania Farm Show Time

It's January and Farm Show time again in Pennsylvania. The local myth is that we get a ton of snow when the Farm Show is going on. We've sure gotten alot of rain - if it had been colder then we would have had a ton of snow. Here at home I've kept the TV on the official Farm Show channel PCN, but it hasn't been my favorite stuff. Kinda amusing to see all the Ag kids who have been crowned princess, queen or ambassador of this or that - Lamb & Wool Queen, Dairy Princess, etc. One was Maple Sweetness something or other. FFA President, Penn State Ag Student Representatives and more. There were about a dozen of these young people. Then there was a State Police Mounted Drill, Gov. Rendell's opening ceremony, with bits of Edible Nut and chocolate cake judging thrown in. Then it was High School Rodeo events for the rest of the day.

The Sheep-to-Shawl (Wednesday afternoon) and Horse/Pony pulls are my favorite events. Draft Horse hitches, too. Going over to eat baked potatoes and fresh milk shakes is fun, too. You can get the recipes for the prize-winning foods here.


4 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Wow, next week I'll be in Pennsyltucky... :-P

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger TLP said...

I've never been to a Farm Show! Niks and I were wondering today if we should give up our tradition of never going to the FS. I hate to shatter our record however.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger dddragon said...

REALLY? never took us kids? I feel like I go every year, tho' I know that we've missed some. Didn't even take the Kiddies? I know that you've taken them to the building itself for other things ... I'll be darned.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger TLP said...

You guys went with other people, and also at least some of you went with school field trips. We've taken kiddies A and B, as you say, to several other things in the building. Most notably animal expos. One year the 4 of us rode an elephant, and one year we rode a camel. Both pretty darn exciting to me and niks. Wonder if A and B remember it. We also took them to a couple of other things there that were just okay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home