just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Friday, March 25, 2005

Random Calls

Today I got a call come in from Valencia, CA. That's where I went to CalArts. The woman said that I wouldn't recognize the area - it's gotten so built up from people fleeing Los Angeles. That's quite a drive!

A couple of years ago I also had a Valencian call. When I told her that I had gone to CalArts and that one of the girls in my class had graduated from the local high school, she asked for the girl's name, which was Denise. I went on to say that Denise had been engaged to a local boy, but had started to date a student at CalArts. Denise didn't tell her fiance that she was going to dump him -- I always thought that was rotten. WELL ... it turns out that the woman on the phone MARRIED the dumped fiance!! How's that for a small world!?!

Today I spoke with a Lara, also calling from California. I said that I had a sister Lara who was in her late 30's. This Lara is 32 years old ... I told her that she was the youngest Lara I had ever spoken to. She laughed and confirmed that she was named for the Doctor Zhivago Lara.

As long as I'm talking about Call Center calls, I'll mention two of my favorite street names: Skunks Misery and Jackass Annie (the latter is in Maine, I forget where the former is).

Happy Chocolate Egg Eating!

1 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Whoa! That's something about the dumped fiance. I guess you have to be careful about using even first names!

Love the street names Skunks Misery and Jackass Annie! We have such boring street names here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home