just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Afleet Alex


It was exciting to watch the Belmont yesterday! When I saw Afleet Alex stuck in the middle of the pack, I was afraid that he wouldn't be able to get out. I kept telling myself to remember that it's a looong race and that he would be making his move later.


And boy, did he! Once he passed Giacomo, he just kept on going. The camera kept pulling back to keep Alex and then the second place horse, Andromeda's Hero, in the same picture. Alex was seven lengths in front of Andromeda's Hero.

See a great photo of the finish here.

The newspapers are reporting that Alex's last quarter mile time was faster than Secretariat's time over the same distance. I'd like to remind them that Secretariat was 31 lengths in front of the closest horse. I've no doubt that by then he was "loping".

This is a photo of Secretariat's Belmont finish

3 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Oh yeah. We saw the finish. Great race.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Oh, I missed it! Oh well. Sounds like fun.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

The thing I like most is the cool names of the horses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home