just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Monday, July 18, 2005

HP & The Half-Blood Prince


Yup, I just finished it at 11:30 pm. Been trying to read it all night, and DH kept interrupting me. He's doing some on-line shopping for the Kiddies' birthday. Geeesh. I know my priorities!!

LOL. Kiddie A has written a review - but it has Spoilers, so beware.

Yes, she left one copy with us to read. Now DH will need to try and finish it this week, 'cause Kiddie A will want to talk about it and she's hard to stop. Kiddie B finished it on the drive up to Penn State, and she still has the copy with her, so Kiddie A could start again if she wanted to. Kiddie A's roommate for this week has the book, too, and DH warned Kiddie A not to spoil it for her.

I liked it, and like Kiddie A, can hardly wait to read the next, final book. She'll be itching to talk about it when we pick them up on Saturday, and I'm interested in hearing her views on what might be coming up.

Now I've got to get to bed, the service people will be here early in the morning to start the work on our heating/AC system. It's being completely replaced.

14 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Replacing a heat pump sounds expensive. I think I'll start a pez fund.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger GodlessMom said...

It sounds like you and I spent a great deal of our time this weekend doing the same exact thing!

We had to replace our AC system a couple of years back, I pity you!

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Fred said...

I finished up this morning and found it to be the best so far. Too bad we have to wait so long for the next installation. Kiddie A did a good job with the review.

Good luck with the heating/AC installation - what a pain!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I think I like the Bible better. They don't make you wait so long to find out who's killing whom.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Wow!

I am impressed you managed to finish the book, and your own child has written a review on it!

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger dddragon said...

jevanking: I do now use the blogger image tool. I have stored my pics at a couple of different places. Now, I'll use personal images at those places, and the "generic" images (such as the Harry Potter bookcover) will be used with the blogger tool.

Day one of the AC/Heat pump, etc work is done. Turns out that the old duct work won't work and new will have to be installed. More $$. Ugh. Looking forward to better temperature control - both summer and winter.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Good grief. Being comfortable ain't easy or cheap, huh?

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger dddragon said...

And yet another follow-up to the work being done: Turns out that the guys didn't realize how our complicated (read: insane way my BIL did it) water pipes work. So when I turned on the water in the shower, a flood appeared in the basement. Luckily, my DH was down there looking at what had been done, and yelled up at me to turn off the water. Had to call the service company so that they could come out and fix it. For awhile we thought that after a hot night (and I don't mean a fun, hot night) we wouldn't be able to take a shower.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Congrats on finishing it! I'm still in the middle of it.
Thanks for not spoiling it.
I'll read some more after I post some more comments.
I'm loving it so far!

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

ALL HAIL THE NEW AC!

Nothing is better than new AC day. Nothing.

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Lila said...

Yeah, good luck with the AC. I have insomnia now... oh, I guess it's the girls' b-day! :-)

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I loved it. I got it Saturday night and finished it Monday night. It was the best in the series, by far. Her writing style has improved vastly and her concepts are more sophisticated/believable now.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Harry Potter? Who's he?

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Courtney said...

Yah. I finnished the book also. It's great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home