just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Friday, July 22, 2005

Orders Received

Kiddies B & A have both called to give us final instructions before we drive up to pick them up at band camp:
  1. bring Kiddie A's gameboy
  2. bring their DVD player
  3. record, burn to DVD tonight's Stargate episode and bring it tomorrow
  4. make sure we're at the dorm by 10 am
  5. DH is to finish the Harry Potter book so that Kiddie A can discuss it freely (this ain't gonna happen)
  6. pick up neat item seen at the campus book store

In other news, Chatham, our 18 year old Siamese, has been spitting up foamy stuff. DH had a feeling that the liver enzyme levels were up again. A trip to the vet and a blood test confirmed this. Chatham's level is at 264, which is not the highest he's ever had, but the vet would like it to be below 200. So first thing in the morning he'll pick up antibotics and a steroid. Great, two more pills ~ he already gets one every morning. The treatment will be for ten days. Chatham is not acting sick: isn't lethargic and is still interested in food. I'm sure that he'll be fine in the end. We've been through this before.

11 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Blogger GodlessMom said...

Love to Chatham. I hate it when my critters aren't 100%. I bet you'll really enjoy discussing that Harry Potter novel, once you can do so freely without worrying about spoiling it for anyone!

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I had a kitty make it to 20. I found that cat when I was in the 1st grade.

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Good health wishes to Chatham. I don't hold a grudge about that bite he gave me, putting me on antibioditics for 10 days. I'm not bitter. Not one little bit.

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Poor Chatham baby... :-(

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Wishing good health to Chatham.

They can bring a DVD player along to summer camp?

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Good thing the Kiddies didn't request Chatham, too. Whew!

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Just think of all the free time you'd have if it weren't for kids and pets.

Think of the dull time you would have if it weren't for kids and pets.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Awww, hang in there, Chatham. My kitty lasted only 17 years but I thought HE was the longest-lived kitty around!

Have a fun trip! I know you can't wait to see the kiddies.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger dddragon said...

Thanks for all the good wishes for Chatham! When he was ten yrs old we got a kitten ~ Chatham tolerates Salem, but clearly still resents losing his "only cat" status.

Captain: The Kiddies didn't have a DVD player at camp (it was at Penn State, a large university in the middle of Pennsylvania), and didn't watch TV in the lounge (no time), but they missed watching their favorite shows, so we brought the portable player for them to watch on the two-hour drive home.

We just got home, already dropped dad off at Actonbell's Pez Picnic, and we're awaiting my DH's arrival with the pizza. Then it'll be time to start the laundry...

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Oh, I love the part about being able to discuss Potter freely. We had the same situation. Now that we've all finished it though, we can talk about it all we want. But up until I was finished reading, I had threatened the kids with torture if they revealed anything to me.
The book was so exciting. I read those last few chapters like a ravenous beast. I have some predictions for the last book. I can't wait until it comes out!

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

I hope Chatham feels better. You follow instructions well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home