just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Monday, August 08, 2005

Life Goes On

There have been such wonderful comments left on our blogs - mine, Tan Lucy Pez, Aral Peppermint Patty Pez and Actonbell's. Thank you for your kind words and thoughts.

Yes, life does go on.

It goes on in a different way. Things affect you differently - for many years there were songs I could not bear to hear, and whenever the Life Lion medical helicopter flew by I was reduced to tears.

But life does go on.

Mom and Dad were and are towers of strength. After Nivek died, they attended a suicide survivor support group. Not long after, they helped start another survivors group at a nearby town that didn't have one and needed it. They are an inspiration to me and others.

And life goes on.

Now I've got to go to work and take catalog orders from people who have too much money and I get to help them spend it. Some of the other people at the Call Center really enjoy it and have great Revenue Per Call. I don't particular enjoy shopping that much, but I do enjoy helping people find what they're looking for, or help them with a decorating dilemma. Today that RPC number especially doesn't matter to me.

'Cause RPC isn't what life is about. Our connections to our families, friends and our communities ~ bloggers included ~ are what life's about.

Let's go out there and LIVE.

9 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger TLP said...

Yeah! I've walked my two miles, and I'm off to have coffee with Crystal. Yesterday I wallowed in my sorrow, today is another day to live.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger GodlessMom said...

I've been a little down lately and this post is exactly what I needed. Thank you, you are so right.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Keep smiling, dragon lady.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Today is a new day, indeed.

Thank you for all for sharing those beautiful and heartfelt thoughts with us yesterday on your blogs.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger mireille said...

I appreciated this -- and the wonderful illustration. thanks, dddragon. xoxoxo

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Well said. I've always told my wife that when I'm gone, mourning is optional; celebration is mandatory.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Amen, Dddragon.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Lila said...

It's funny, dddragon... my post today was a very similar theme!

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Enjoy your life! You have a wonderful, loving family. I'm so glad you have a good perspective on life.
I agree... let's go out there and LIVE.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home