just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Monday, July 25, 2005

Air Conditioning

Well, our heat pump died and we lost our AC on July 14. I know, get a life, most of the world doesn't have AC. Well, I want my AC!! {{whine, whine}} It's taking longer than anticipated because the service company did not do a thorough evaluation or investigation into how our system was set up, and they were surprised by some of it. This also means that it's $2000 more than their first estimate.

They were here all last week, except for Friday (they thought they'd be done on Thursday and had scheduled other work for Friday). They started at 9 am this morning and are still here ~ 5:30 pm. The smell of glue or whatever is giving me a headache, and there's no way that we're going to be able to eat in tonight.

My BIL has arrived and he and my DH is talking in quiet tones about the whole thing, debating whether or not to go down to the basement to see what's going on. The AC does seem to be running in some parts of the house, but I've opened some windows to help get rid of the smell, so some parts are quite hot.

If DH & BIL are going to get into a discussion with the service guys, I'm grabbing the Kiddies and running to McD's. The Kiddies have band tonight, anyway....

10 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Best of luck with the AC. It sounds much more complicated than it should. And, $2,000 more? Yuck.

Good call - leave the fireworks behind.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Did you ever notice how it's never LESS than originally estimated?

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

How will Kiddie A and Kiddie B learn to properly cuss if you don't let them listen to the "discussion?"

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

When the ice starts forming on the drapes you will know they have done a good job. And, of course, they will want another two grand.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Two thousand MORE? Boy, that really seems way too odd.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

YIKES. Are ACs that expensive??? I hope mine holds up forever, then. Try to stay cool! I remember when we didn't have AC in the summers when I was a little kid (it wasn't common in Florida then) and sitting in front of the open refrigerator when my mom wasn't around to yell at me for doing it.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Now you have a cool, smelly house!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Tom & Icy said...

It is very uncomfortable without AC and puts everyone in bad moods or short tempers.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger thc said...

One of the worst times in our marriage was when it was over 100 and the a/c broke. Somehow it was my fault. I just said, "I'm sorry, dear" and called until I found someone to fix it immediately.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger GodlessMom said...

We lost our AC in the middle of summer a couple of years back. It is unbelievable how expensive it is to repair a system!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home