just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Random Tuesday Musings

I've been spending this afternoon waiting for servicemen to arrive.

DH called the AC guys to complain that the upstairs has no air flow. That guy has come and gone, changing dampers and vents and I don't know what else to try and get the airflow fixed. Truth is, the duct that was installed 16 years ago (I think by my BIL) is too small for the upstairs. So there's not alot that can be done.

Now I'm just waiting for the Sears guy to come. When we redid our kitchen last year, we replaced the old stove and got a dishwasher. Bought the Sears maintainence plan which we can cancel without charge before the year is up, but can use once ~ so we'll have these appliances inspected before we decide to do that. They said he'd be here between 1:00 and 4:30 pm. Naturally, here it is 3 pm and no-show as of yet. Yeah, he has and hour and a half. But I could've been running errands in the last two hours.

Tomorrow I have an appointment at a pain management clinic to see about getting a shot to relieve the pain my degenerative disk disease (bulging disks) is causing. It's not horrible yet, but this time I'd rather not let it get to its worst. (i.e. it's hard to get comfortable sitting, standing or lying down, but I can still dress myself.) The nurse called today to confirm the appointment and to say that I would be there about an hour and a half ~ mostly talking to the doctor and staff and about five minutes for the actual procedure. Interesting, eh?

ooooh, the Sears guy just called to say he'll be here in an hour. That was nice of him. Now, what can I do in an hour ...

One of the popular items in the catalog that I take sales calls for are backpacks. These backpacks can be Personalized or Monogrammed. I CANNOT TELL YOU how many people ask WHAT monogramming is.

The first time this happened, I almost said "what do you mean, what is monogramming?" But what I did say was "it's putting your initials on the backpack."

"Oh. But I wanted her name on it."

"Then you want it to be Personalized."

"Oh, okay."

Well, since I have a little time before the Sears guy shows up, let me see if I can get something done.....

later!

6 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I don't know who's worse, the cable TV guy or the appliance repairmen. We always buy the extended warranties on everything, which actually delays the process if there's a problem.

You have to call the warranty company first, then they have to call the repairmen.

I think we all feel your pain.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger TLP said...

LOL on the monogramming ignorance. I mean, the place you work for is so high-end. I would expect that people with that much money would be a little smarter. Hate to say it, but I think we're talking about trophy wives here.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

So what if I want to use someone else's initials? Is that extra? I mean, to find the person.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I hope it all got fixed.
I also hope that your back pain gets under control.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Oh boy, can I identify with the degenerative disk disease / pain. Hopefully they're giving you a combo shot of cortisone and something numbing...

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Goa'uld said...

Stop complaining about the AC! My room is 10 degrees hotter then yours...:/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home