just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Friday, July 29, 2005

Fraternal Twins



Today I was running some errands after my Cartooning class. Stayed out too long and got very hungry. Too hungry to wait and make something at home (i.e. warm up leftover pizza). Knowing that DH was out to lunch with his mom, I went home and asked Goa'uld* if she had eaten lunch yet. She said no, to which I asked if she'd like to come with me and try Burger King's new Chicken Fries.

So we did. Unfortunately, DH arrived home just as we were heading out, so we had to tell him where we were going. He disapproves of fried foods, and here we were, going to eat a lunch full of fries. Oh, well. Too bad. (Shoulda been a Liar)

The Chicken Fries are okay. I have to say that I prefer McD's premium chicken strips. Goa'uld liked them and quickly finished hers. The CFs come with a variety of dipping sauces and I think they needed it - nine of those things were too much for me plain (and I eat most everything plain). The Buffalo sauce was a bit hot for me, but the Ranch sauce was good.

As we were leaving, I spied a "table tent" card and impulsively grabbed it. Goa'uld giggled (ain't I the bad influence). Well, my daughters ARE fraternal twins and here was a Fraternal Twins advertisement. I just couldn't resist it. When I showed it to DH, he asked if I had asked if I could take it. Well, noooo. He said that I could scan it in but I had to return it, because it was stealing, wasn't it?? Well, yeaaaah.

BTW, if you haven't already discovered this yet, go here and have some fun at this wierd Burger King Chicken site: http://www.subservientchicken.com/

As long as we're talking chicken, let's talk about The Chicken Dance. When we moved to Pennsylvania, we were subjected to a totally weird and totally accepted group ritual called the Chicken Dance. I've seen it done on trains and weddings. I think every kid in this state knows it. Has anyone else out there heard of it? As a kid from Los Angeles, it sure was an odd sight, but I learned to join right in. I hear that it was used in Burger King commercials, but I never saw those. There are words to it, but the ones that I've seen on the internet aren't the ones I've heard people sing around here.

*formerly referred to as Kiddie B by yours truly, for which I have been told to STOP RIGHT NOW.

7 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Just so you know, I'm on tenterhooks waiting to see if Stargate will be "to be continued" this week. This is a show I have never seen an episode of. I just want this episode to end this episode. Is that too much to ask?

I think Liar has too many negative connotations. If you're a liar be a proud one.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Oh the son-in-law is a proper person for true. Honest is his middle name, which of course, I mean in the best possible way. LOL. Naturally he is correct. You can't teach your kids to steal advertisements. Wouldn't be prudent.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Lila said...

I had no idea Nod Donald Duck Pez was so proper! I affirm your naughtiness.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

I'm with Aral. Those kids are at risk for being too good. Tell DH to mind his business and get back to polishing the silver.

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

You are a thief. My kids tried the Chicken Fried and liked them. I didn't try them, so I don't know if I like them or not. I love that subserviant chicken link. Someone sent that to me a long time ago and we had such fun with it. I don't know the chicken dance song or the chicken dance dance. You are a thief and they may have it on surveillance video.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Sounds like a really fun day! I wish mine had been that nice. I know the Subservient Chicken link. I hadn't seen this ad yet, so I'm glad you 'borrowed' it.

The Chicken Dance. I have always hated it, and have been lucky enough to avoid it all my life. I saw it in the Jimmy Neutron movie and my son and I got a real chuckle out of it.

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have seen the chicken dance, but not in a VERY long time. I think it may be a northern thing? (I live in Texas now, and I can honetly say I've never seen it here)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home