just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Mommy Dearest

In case you missed it (HA!), take a gander at my Mom's post about cute ol' me. Yup, I bet Art Linkletter would've loved me.

And ya know, I don't really have any ammunition to fire back at her. Hmmm ...

She said that once when she was a teenager babysitting, the kid got away, stripped hisself nekkid and ran down the middle of the street ... um, no, I don't think that really qualifies.

She went to a Hershey Bear's hockey game with her co-workers. Wasn't really all that interested in it, but they were going. Got hit by a puck - never got it because everyone else around her dove for it, while she sat and bled all over them. And my coat that she had taken to wear that night. No - not her fault. It was a shock, however, to see her come thru that door all bandaged and bloody. Oh, where did it hit her? On the eyebrow. That's why she got it tattooed on later.

She and her LA County co-worker wild women friends enjoyed themselves. We kids would get to stay with one of the dads at one of the houses while they went to Las Vegas. And come home late Sunday night, still drunk. (Well, Dora was. She was loud and funny.) I don't think we ever heard what went on ... Oh, I forgot. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

And one of these friends pierced Mom's ear in the restroom at work. With a needle or straight pin. Got one done and Mom said "enough!" But somehow the other ear got pierced there, too. (Can't ja just imagine it? You want to take a whiz and there's a piercing going on.) dddragon PEZ

Pretty tame stuff, eh? She gets to observe all the juicy stuff and report it to the world. She already told the story of how she got two dates for the same hayride, right? And the time she got her hand stuck in Elvis' fence in Memphis?

One story that I like: when I found out that I was pregnant with twins, I called Mom at work before I left the doctor's office. She was ECSTATIC! I went back to work, too. When I got home, there was a twin stroller in our garage. She'd gone out and went shopping immediately!

And hasn't stopped shopping since.

btw, I've created a new Pez for me!

12 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Blogger Lila said...

That crazy mama! Speaking of hockey, did you check out the "guest definition" at Doug's (Waking Ambrose)?

I remember that I was jealous that Nivek Army Ranger Pez got the Hershey Bears puck... And I remember Tan Lucy Pez eating orange PEELS (ick!) so the scar would be less. It seems to have worked. I'll be damned if I can see a hint of scar!

XO, Aral

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger dddragon said...

And don't forget that the Head of Hershey Med was the doc on call that night - he did a great job stitching her up. Dr. Cohen, the reconstructive surgeon that lived behind us, said it was a first-class job.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger GodlessMom said...

I'm loving all this Pez family quid pro quo! I can't imagine Tan Lucy Pez getting hit in the head with a puck! It explains a lot actually :)

The new Pez is really cool! You are very talented.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Lila said...

Yeah, very cool new Pez! And it captures your dual personality as dddragon and a Pez, of course.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Well, I think you evened the score rather nicely, all the while saying you weren't going to. Clever.

New Pez is Good Pez.

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger mireille said...

Love the dddragonPez. Kind of a cute, feminine look to her. So interesting about WildTanLucy. Who knew? About the things in Vegas we don't even know about?! Heh. xoxo

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger TLP said...

NOTHING happened in Vegas. Nothing at all.

No gambling, no drinking, nothing.

Well, maybe a little gambling. No drinking.

I guess I might have had one drink. Maybe two. I'm sure that I wouldn't have had more. Probably.

I will confess to seeing some good shows.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger TLP said...

LOVE the Pez!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I love when the Pez family starts dishing up the dirt. Great stories.

The new pez dispenser is great!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I never got hit in the head by a hockey puck. Really. Not even once. If I had been hit by a puck, I could use that as an excuse.

By the way - great "think flag" picture! I have that exact same sticker on my truck.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger dddragon said...

Iguana, I may have gotten the idea from your blog ... can't remember now where I "heard" about it.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Your mom sounds like a real character.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home