just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Sleep Clinic













Or not ...

Spent last night and today at a sleep clinic to find out why I'm not sleeping well. Or just not sleeping at all. Turns out that my sleep last night (despite 30 things attached to me - 12 on my head alone - a finger-pinch thing and two nose tubes) was "good" and "over 90% efficient". Yet I felt like it was a miserable night, that I woke up several times and had trouble getting back to sleep. So the others that had apnea were sent home (to return at a later date to do it again with oxygen tubes). I got to stay and take four naps throughout the day. My headache, which had never gone away, got worse as the day progressed. I go back in six weeks to find out what they found out. The doctor in charge of the clinic is a family friend, so perhaps I'll find out later.

More later, I've got "older adult" student orientation to get to ...

IN ADDITION: I didn't take a camera - the staff took pictures of all of us. I jokingly said "oh, good, I can post it on my blog!" and it turned out that they printed out a picture for me. As for diagnosing my problem, I've definitely don't have sleep apnea. Since I'm waking up tired and perceiving that I'm sleeping poorly and end up taking naps during the day, it may be mental.

Hey, I already knew that!

15 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Yeah, I like the picture too. We all seem to have some insomnia issues, huh? I generally have it bad only a couple of times a month.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I you plugged yourself into a TV, maybe you could play a few games.

The Missus had the same thing done several years ago; she was diagnosed with sleep apnea. She now sleeps with a machine that helps her breathe. It looks like a vacuum to me.

Good luck with the results.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Oh, I didn't know that you were going to Leon's practice!
He's such a wonderful doctor. If you can be helped, he's the guy who can do it. Too bad he's farther-than-the-usual drive away.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger TLP said...

BTW, who took your picture there? Did you take your own camera? If so, great idea!

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

I find that picture awfully sympathetic. I hope you get some sleep, Dddragon.

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger the many Bs said...

That's a great picture. You look incredibly tired and wired! How could anyone possibly sleep with all of that stuff hooked to them?!

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger GodlessMom said...

Yes, that definitely looks comfortable enough to sleep in...

I'm really sorry that your headache is still there. I really hope you can find some answers soon.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

That's too bad, dragon. A good night's sleep is worth a lot. Good luck on the tests ahead.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Dr O2 said...

loads of different causes and diagnosis to be made and yet they are not simple to differ :-) hopefully you'ld be through soon. Good luck.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Tom & Icy said...

I've had problems sleeping at night all my life, but have never seen a doctor about it. I worked midnights for a while and that was nice, but messes up your life with family and friends.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Love the pic!!
My friend went to a sleep clinic and she panicked part way through and left in the middle of the night.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

That's a great pic that you'll remember in the future!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

That is a wonderful picture of you.

I hope you get some solutions to this problem.

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Shirley said...

Hope they can fix whatever the problem is. It would be nice if **one** of us got some sleep!

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Courtney said...

I'm sorry you haven't been sleeping well. Hope everything works out fine. That picture of you is great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home