just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Too Much

Too much has been going on, on top of too much of a headache. I've had this one for one week now. Sometimes it fades a bit, but mostly it just is there.

I have been taking a gander at all of your blogs, but my state of head has kept me from commenting much. Certainly nothing clever.

The girls continue with band on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursday for the rest of the month, plus sectionals. Tok'ra has been there an hour early each time so that she can catch up on what she missed last week. They have uniform fittings next week.

Friday night we girls saw Sky High. The local film reviewer (and others) gave it a bad rating, but we enjoyed it. Oh, it ain't going to be a classic by a long shot, but we thought that it was fun and cute. Nice light fare. Then we went out for ice cream.

This morning I participated in my first session as a Trainer for Girl Scout leaders, as an apprentice. I was paired with an experienced Trainer and we were covering "Going Places", which is about troop travel (or going that is not at the usual meeting place). It went okay, despite being nervous and with the headache. As for so many things these days, the attendees were given evaluation forms. There were seven women in the class ~ five gave us good reviews and two gave us poor ones. Interestingly enough, we could tell who it was - they chatted together for most of the training and then listed on the form what we missed. We did cover the material (as dictated by our Council), they just missed it because they were talking! I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I was, that two adults would act that way. Suzi was soooo angry about it.

Currently I'm working on my church's newsletter and will be updating the website, too. There is going to be a fundraiser this fall, and I'm creating a site for that as well, and it includes alot of images that I have to work on and post. Earlier this year I was asked to create a small mural at church, which I intended to do earlier this summer. Tomorrow afternoon I'll get a start on it, and have asked mom to help me.

This coming week I'm off from the Call Center because I'm teaching the last summer session of Art Camp. It's a large group - 16 kids. Tuesday I have a Girl Scout Service Unit meeting and then I'm participating in a Sleep Study 'cause of my insomnia (sisters, I'll let you know if it helps). Thursday the Call Center is having a Five Year Brunch for those of us who have been there since it opened. Also that day my daughters have an orchestra rehearsal at our church to get to (they're missing school band that night).

And then Friday I'm off to an outdoor conference/workshop for Girl Scout leaders and other volunteers for the weekend. I'm giving one of the workshops. Last year I cooked an egg in its shell on a stick over hot coals. THAT was kewl!!

I'm the one in the yellow raincoat - it's dark because we're under the trees and it was raining. The white spot is the egg. The other women are cooking ham steak with pineapple on slabs of wood (they were nailed on). The woman who taught this workshop can get a fire started in ANY kind of weather.

Anyway, that's my whine for now. Salem has jumped on the back of my chair and is trying to climb down over my shoulder to my lap ....

11 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger TLP said...

WhooooBaby! You are busy! I like the pix.

See you in church!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Gee, Dragon, that kind of schedule would give ANYBODY a headache. Slow down, girl.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger dddragon said...

Hoss - and I forgot that on Wednesday night I have "older student" orientation at the local community college.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger the many Bs said...

I get those headaches too, that seem to last for days and days. It's a real drag. I hope you get over it soon.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

There are only so many hours in the day.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Whew! I'm exhausted just reading about your schedule. I hope you've reserved some time to sleep here and there!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Dddragon, if I can find where you vote for "Mom-Of-The-Year" I'm voting for you because you do so much and because your kids are so great. The fact that you can grill an egg should put you over the top. The award ceremony will be in Des Moines and you'll want to show up a few days early to practice your acceptance speech, have your tiara fitted, be grand-marshal of the parade and it's traditional that the Mom of the Year hosts a fundraiser for needy single mothers. Can you get a sitter?

The two bad evaluators were probably criticizing the presentation they were talking over while they were talking.

I hope the headache fades and that I haven't added to it.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger mireille said...

I'm with Doug. See you in Des Moines! xoxoxo

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger GodlessMom said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that headache!

I love Girl Scouts! I started off as a Brownie and was still at it when I graduated from high school. I can't wait for my little girl to be old enough to get involved. It is so great that you are doing this! I'm gonna have to try that egg thing!

Take care of your head.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Yeah, this is interesting. After I posted this morning about egg-cooking at camp I started on my rounds to discover you're the real expert. Great minds on a single track. Too bad it wasn't on a track that leads to something really good, like chocolate.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger dddragon said...

Hoss: Ah - you must try banana boats. I'll leave the recipe on your blog post...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home