just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Monday, December 12, 2005

Holiday Concert

This weekend our church had the annual Holiday Concert. The reading of Twas the Night Before Christmas on Saturday night was so funny that I decided to Audioblog it when I went back to the Sunday night performance. (When our kids are performing, I usually go to each event.)

The volume is loud, and the recording starts in the middle of a song by our church choir (I didn't remember that there was that much left of the song). Then there is silence as the choir goes to their seats and then Peter goes to the podium to do the reading. His reading starts about halfway thru the whole recording.

this is an audio post - click to play


Mom found a webpage about the book that this reading was taken from. The author is local and the book can be found at the local Borders bookstore.

ADDENDUM: I didn't listen to the whole recording last night, but did now ... maybe Audioblogger has a time limit, because only the beginning of the reading was recorded. Darn. Well, at least you can get an idea of how it went.

6 Comments:

At 6:26 AM, Blogger TLP said...

LOL. I love Peter's readings, and this one was another great one.

Isn't it fun that we Unitarians do Christmas so well? We can sing old carols and say, "Merry Christmas," while the rest of the world is busy being so PC. Yet most of us are not Christian.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Minka said...

Seems like you had a great time listening to that talented guy. The audience seemed to have laughed a lot.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger A Little Bar of Soap said...

FILTH!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Dot vas funny, don't it?

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Great recording. I'll keep it on as I go to other blogs.

 
At 3:19 AM, Blogger the many Bs said...

I love the night before christmas. One of my favorites. And the old photo is great. I love that stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home