just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Narnia

Last night we went to see the new Chronicles of Narnia movie, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. We all thought it was well done. Being the family of film critics that we are, we did note a few minor things about the film, but they didn't bother us overall.

Our high school's 2004 Fall play was The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. So we know the storyline pretty darn well (even if we hadn't read the books). But we were pretty good about not reciting lines while we watched the movie.



This is the White Witch.
I made the staff - the director showed up with a white birch stick and told/asked me to make a staff for the character. I thought it came out pretty good. The girl really liked it and asked to keep it. I got one of the other moms to make the cape - she worked for a local childrens theatre company.






This is the Dwarf, my own Bookworm.
The mask and sword were borrowed from the local community college's drama department. I made the tunic, found the great biker boots at the Salvation Army for only $25. (Goa'uld is in the background.)






This is the group of animals surrounding Edmond after he escaped from the Witch. Goa'uld is the one with her mouth open to the right - "Is he alright?!". I made all the ponchos and ears that they wore. There were about a dozen "animals" so I decided that animal-patterned ponchos would have to do the trick. The blue-faced creature was the Centaur - I made her cape but I didn't do any of the make-up! No, seriously, we had a great group who gave all those kids great animal faces. Not sure what to say about the blue-faced centaur, tho'.

7 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger Sar said...

Narnia is a classic story and I remember my dad reading it us growing up. Not that long ago, I bought an abridged version for my 7 yo and have read it to her. I'm planning on taking her to see it later today.

Great costumes you made there & your girls appear to be great actors. Is there no end to the talent?! :)

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Oh, that's too cool. Goa'uld looks like she was projecting nicely. I can't wait to see the movie.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger TLP said...

It was a good play. I doubt I will go to the movie. But your Dad and I loved the play. Naturally, we love anything with our darlings in it.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

You are pretty "crafty," needle and thread wise.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I guess you don't have identical twins? :)

I wish we had someone with your talents helping our drama department. They have such a hard time getting parents involved in their productions.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Minka said...

Now way, I just bought teh book today. So I couldn´t read all your post. Don´t wanna spoil the fun :)

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Great costumes.

I loved the books... I'm sure I'll see the movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home