just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Rabbit Rabbit



White Rabbit, White Rabbit!!

(What's up, Doc? - an explaination)

At the Call Center, it was forecasted that the Sales Dept. would take 45,000 calls this week. The calls coming in have been over forecast - we're busier than anticipated. I'm guessing that we'll be out of more things sooner this year. Oh, what fun! Telling people, no we don't have that. Nope, not that either. Sorry, that has sold out as well.

Yesterday I took an order from a delightful woman calling from California, who was having something sent to her greatgranddaughter (the item, incidently, is on backorder until February.) She told me that her grandson is the new GM of the Arizona Diamondbacks baseball team.

"Diamondbacks!" I exclaimed, "oh, that's so funny! Because we had a trivia questionnaire here and one of the answers was the AZ Diamondbacks!"

She laughed, then said, "Well, they just moved from Boston. He was the General Manager there."

Being the non-sports-nut that I am, I asked what his name was and she said Josh Byrnes. Then I realized that this was the guy that my sister AP3 had posted about a while back because he left after the Sox won the series.

I told her that I had a sister in Massachusetts who really follows baseball and she was sorry to see him go. This delighted my customer. She told me that Josh had married her granddaughter, but he was such a good guy, so nice and everything, that he was like bloodkin to her. She was such a sweet woman.

11 Comments:

At 6:23 AM, Blogger TLP said...

Rabbit Rabbit. Great phone story.

AP3 will be excited.

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Minka said...

Rabbit, Rabbit!

No wonder you are that busy on the phone if you can have long conversations like these wit the customers;)

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Wow, you really rub earlobes with great and good.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Lila said...

Rabbit, rabbit! Love that cartoon!

I was talking about Theo Epstein, the Red Sox GM... but Josh Byrnes was the Assistant GM -- sorry to see him go, too.

That's cool that you talked to her!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger dddragon said...

well, AP3, that just shows how out of it I am about sports!

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Sar said...

Rabbit Squared! Neat story. So does this mean you can now beat Aral in Six Degrees to the Red Sox?

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Rabbit, rabbit! This is the best cartoon! I giggled quite a bit over it.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Cue the music and start singing:

"It's a small world after all,
It's a small world after all,
It's a small world after all,
It's a small, small, world."

Good luck getting that tune out of your head the rest of the day.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger dddragon said...

Fred! AAARRGGHH!!

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I forgot all about that dude/gal today!

Love that all the Pezs are reminding us.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger sherle said...

wabbit.... wabbit.... ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home