just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Old Photo Sunday II
- and a belated anniversary note


One year ago yesterday I started my blog. (Doug's flaming post made me forget.)

It's all AP3's fault.

Well, she started her blog first. At some point our mom TLP emailed Actonbell and me to tell us that we should check this thing out.

So maybe it's mom's fault.

(Oh, and remember when Actonbell used to call herself Lucinda Sans?)

So, here I am, 250 posts later, still blogging on. It's been a great experience, and I feel like I've made a lot of new friends. I talk about you all at work (etc.) as if you were people I've known for a long time and see on a regular basis. (Well, in a sense I do.) Other people give me strange looks when they find out what I'm really talking about. "Blog? What's THAT?"

So thanks for letting me be part of the blogsphere. I hope that we're all around for a very long time.

The photo is of me - there's not a date but I'm guessing that I must be around 1 or so.

14 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger TLP said...

No date on it? Gee. I have to look at it when I get home. I remember that dress. About 12 months old is correct. You were a cutie.

I identify with talking about fellow bloggers in front of folks who don't even know what a blog is. I try not to do that.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Happy Anniversary! And, you were sooo cute. TLP made sure you had a book at all times - smart mama!

I always talk to The Missus about things I pick up from blogland, but she's not really into the whole thing. Just as well, I guess, that way I can complain about her if need be.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Lila said...

Happy Blog-o-versary! Cute picture!

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

What a great post and picture. I apologize for my role in making you miiss your anniversary, but I will point out that you were one of the people asking to hear more about the toilet flame. I've learned to ignore the expressions when I say something like "My friend, Dddragon, says..."

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Yes, I enjoy the "making friends" part of this deal. When I can get somebody's interest, I almost always tell them about my buddy TLP and her "slogan": "It's a very boring blog. I only have it so I can comment on other people's blogs." Then I tell them it's about the least-boring blog ever. And they look at me like I'm strange. Maybe so.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Happy anniversary dddragon!

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger the many Bs said...

I LOVE the photo. It's adorable. And congrats on one year of blogging. It's fun to make blogger friends!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Minka said...

I had my blogaversary in the end of october. It all started as a project at univerity, while I was taking my teaching degree. Apparently, nowadays you need to have computer skills to get anywhere. We were supposed to create ablog and continue it for two weeks. here I am 2 years later. Little did I know it would turn into something very important to me.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Blogiversary! (i think Doug coined that word) :))

long live blogs - and blog friends!

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Doughboy said...

Blogging is great
Tireing but Great

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

T'warn't me, Karma. The is mine.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Love the pic!
Happy One Year Blog Anniversary!
I kept referring to fellow bloggers as my blog friends, and my hubby would tease me about it.
You and other internet chums ARE my blog friends.

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Sar said...

Sorry I'm belated with my well wishes. Between the trip to NJ and setting up the little Belle that could, I'm now playing catch up.

Happy Blogiversary! And what a super cute picture, just adorable! Like Fred, my spouse doesn't blog either. But I yammer on all the time about you guys and your posts. You should have seen his expression the first time I referred to my blog pal "Dee Dee Dragon". Sometimes I refer to you as 3D now though. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home