just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Happy Birthday to My Mama

Granny's handwriting: 3 or 4 months
Mama is the youngest of four girls. Many of you heard some good stories about my Aunt Bonnie - "You know what I mean?"

Aunt Bonnie is older than Mama by a couple of years. Five minutes before midnight of the day that Bonnie turned 40 years old, Mama called her and told her that in five minutes her hair would turn grey, her skin would wrinkle, every part would sag . . . you get the picture. Mama laid it on pretty thick. You would NEVER guess that she's capable of that, would you?

So, Mama's three older sisters all swore that they would get Mama when it was her turn to turn 40.

Mama figures that it's two years away and they would all forget. Who would remember a grudge that long?

But the three sisters kept dropping hints that they had not forgotten. After a while, Mama got a bit nervous. As her own 40th birthday approached, it was apparent that her sisters had remembered what she had done to Bonnie.

So she decided to take action. Take the matter into her own hands. She's like that, ya know?

So she had three custom-made T-shirts made and sent to her sisters:



Her sisters never did do anything back. I wonder why?

Happy Birthday Mama! And many more!

this is an audio post - click to play

11 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Happy Birthday, TLP. Just Sayin'

Great job, Dddragon!

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Minka said...

Yeah, I was waiting for that song. And once you ar ethrough all the Pez blogs, you´ll find it. Makes me smile everytime I hear it!
Those little stories are just precious and your family has always been quite inventive, hasn´t it?

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Lila said...

I didn't know TLP had those shirts made! How funny!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger TLP said...

AP3 has been asking for pix of me, and I was looking for that one! So Aral, you can get it from your sister.

Yeah, the shirts were good, but when I turned 41, Doris sent me a picture of herself it the shirt, like to say, "You're not 40 anymore kid. Now you're 41."

Also, Doris sent me 40 birthday cards the year I turned 40. I got one each day starting from 40 days out. We had a lot of fun.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Sar said...

The stories, the pictures, the songs...the pez are just the best! Great tribute, Dddragon.

Happy Birthday, TLP!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

What a nice way to say Happy Birthday to Bonnie!

I will join in the cheer, and wish you a good and joyful year.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Marti said...

LOL!

Best birthday wishes to TLP!

Thanks for the giggles!

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Your mom is smart and funny and deserves a great birthday!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Fred said...

What a great picture. Hope Mama TLP has a great birthday!

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Rabbit, rabbit

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Trucker Pete said...

Heehee. Those are great shirts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home