just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Photos of Christmas Past, VIII

On the 11th, my husband ran out to get a tree by himself because the girls' band schedule was so busy. The tree he came back with is a nice shape.

It is also about six feet tall and eight feet wide.

Okay, just joking. I did measure it. It's about 7 1/2 feet tall in the tree stand (the very, tippy top height). But it IS really six feet wide. The girls call it the obese tree.

It is also the least decorated tree we've ever had. It didn't get any decorations at all until last Sunday night. Nod got out the boxes, put the kettle on the heat water, and he and the girls started on the tree. Then the kettle whistled, hot chocolate was made and the girls promptly stopped decorating. (I did put on a few myself.) I keep thinking that I'll put some more on, but Nod put the boxes away and I'll probably not do it in the end.


Oh, about the photo. That's Goa'uld shouting that they've found a tree. Bookworm has a saw in her hands. Scary.

Yesterday Joe Paterno received a really good birthday present: He was named Coach of the Year. He's 79 years old and has been coaching for Penn State for something like 40 years.
GO PENN STATE!!

5 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i like fat christmas trees :))

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger TLP said...

I decorated over several days. I'm usually like Ekim of course. Get'er done. But this year, I put up the tree, waited a full day before I put on anything else. Then the lights went on. Next day the swags, next day some ornaments, etc. SLOW.

Word verifier: gouakid. This that you Goa'uld?

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

I insist that everyone post a picture of their Christmas tree so that I may live vicariously.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

That can't be a tree. It has no fronds.

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Lila said...

That's a funny picture. I sure hope Jopa has the good sense to retire after this year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home