just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Photos of Christmas Past II


Here is a photo taken in December 1982, in Disneyland, California. This was when I was attending CalArts. My friend Leon liked to try to be one of the last people to leave every time we went there. This photo is of Main Street, with the Train Station (the front of the park) in the background.

I can remember a time when Disneyland was surrounded by orange groves, and "E" tickets were for the best rides.

8 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Sar said...

I grew up going to Disneyland, but I've never been at Christmas time. Festive!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Ya know, in all the times we've been there, we've never been at Christmas time either. Fun.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Oh, I remember those lettered tickets. What a pain in the neck. They didn't last long, though. We're headed to Disney on Sunday; I can hardly wait!

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Now, this is from my neck of the woods!

I did not know you went to CalArts!
Small world, it is.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Fun! I've never done that.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

A pretty special place, that. You're fortunate to have seen it then.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

By the way, it's now surrounded by another amusement park. I'm glad to see the end of "e" tickets though. The decision to leave with a tickets or ride the teacups was always kind of a tough one.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

what a lovely picture,it reminds me of that wonderful little town in the movie Big Fish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home