just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Call Center - is there a full moon coming?

It was a wacky morning. One woman gave me the size of the window rod she wanted to order. Then she asked if it was the right size for a double window. I paused, wondering if she was serious.

"Ah, I can't say since I'm not there . . . I can wait if you'd like to remeasure the window."

"Oh, my husband measured it last night. This is the size he told me we needed."

hmmm . . . "well, as long as the measurement of the window from the left side to the right side doesn't exceed 88 inches, then you're fine."

"I'm just not sure now. I'll have to have him measure it in front of me when he gets home tonight. I don't trust him."

okay . . . she doesn't trust his measuring, but won't do it herself?

And then I had a woman asking if an item had been marked down any further. It was a holiday, seasonal item. We get these kinds of calls, no big deal. The item number she gave me already had a sale prefix that told me that she already been looking for a discount (we're not supposed to give out those sale prefixes!).

I accessed the info and told her that we were sold out of the item - all gone, no longer available. Something similar would appear next year.

"Oh, so that means that there won't be any further markdowns because it's no longer available?"

H-E-L-L-O . . . it's gone. We ain't doing ANYthing with it anymore this year. And when it comes back, it'll come back at the regular price. Holiday items don't usually start with sale prices!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note, Blogger has been giving me alot of trouble lately. What a pain in the butt. Tried commenting on your blogs without success sometimes. My Monday post took three tries before it took.

aargh.

8 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger TLP said...

LOL. Can't you mark it WAY down now that it's gone??????

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Sar said...

You've got to laugh at these morons. At least they keep your day that much more interesting and gives you blog fodder for sure.

Yes Blogger has been a major pain. I'll Grrrr right along with you, 3D.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Wait a minute. Wait a minute! Why not?

If you started those items at sale prices they probably would sell faster, and then.... Well, there isn't any "then". That's all.

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Back when, to my horror, I discovered animal experimentation, I called the 800 numbers on my products, in disbelief as company after company told me they were tested on animals.

One of them stood out. When asked if the tested products on animals the operator replied, We only test on the new products.

So you do. All products are new at one point and therefore you test on animals and that would mean all your products are tested.

No M'am. We only test the new products. Other than that we do not conduct any form of animal experimentation.

I swear there are many loons out there missing more than a couple of screws! You should jot these all down! Blogging gold sistah! ;-)

I have been visiting but have had problems leaving comments for a bit now. Seems that today I am in! YAY!

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Women are right to question the measuring of their men. Blogger has been a bugger.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

She must've been one of those 'helpless' type women, who believe very firmly that there is "gender" work. Men's work is mowing the lawn and anything that uses tools. Women's work is cooking and cleaning. Bleah.

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Lila said...

Okay, but given her inconvenience, seeing as the item isn't available, you should at least give it to her 50% off.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Sar said...

Just stopping by to say hello!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home