just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Chatham gets a manicure

Both of our cats give me a hard time about trimming their claws. Nod and the girls won't even try to do it. So I sneak up on them during naps and trys to clip one or two at a time. Doesn't work very well with either one.

But last week I discovered that I had missed one of Chatham's dew claws. (I call it the thumb claw.) I thought that the claw had started to grow into the pad, so I made an appointment to have the groomer at the Vet's do it. (No, he hadn't been limping.)

Boy, Chatham HATES going to the Vet's!

I handed him over to the Groomer, and I stayed out in the waiting room. I could hear him growling and meowing angrily. Then the Groomer came back out front to ask the Assistant to come back and help her. A woman with a large dog in the waiting room wondered what was going on because of all the noise.

The groomer said that because Chatham had "thick, old cat claws", the dew claw pad wasn't too badly hurt. Some ointment was put on it and we're keeping an eye on it.

I've been bragging to people that it took two people to trim the claws of a cat nearly 19 years old. Grumpy old man-cat.

TOO funny.

9 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger Trucker Pete said...

Oh, that IS good.

I need two people to do the nails of my bird, and he only weighs half a pound!

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Sar said...

That reminded me so much of my Sammy boy (as I called him; he passed away 7 years ago). Whenever we had to take him to the vet it took 2 people wearing thick mits to get him wrapped in a blanket then hold him down so the vet could do whatever needed to be done. The noises, oh my lord the noises, that came out of that cat were unnaturally freakish.

Hope your grumpy old man-cat's doing well.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Yesrie said...

LOL! I hope his pad isn't sore, but I have to giggle because it made me think of an old duffer with gout :> Yez

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Minka said...

At the age of 19-how old is that in human terms?- you know what you want. Going to the vet is one of the many things you do not appreciate!

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Can you get an amen? Oh, yes! From me. That's one grumpy cat.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

You are braver than I. I would NEVER have tackled cutting my cat's claws. My dad used to have to roll him in a towel to get to the claws in order to trim them.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Go, Chatham, go!

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger Tom & Icy said...

That is funny.

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

You are funny, Dddragon. Chatham is funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home