just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Monday, March 13, 2006

*Cough Cough*

Just when I thought that I was going to get through this winter without any real illness, I got sick over the weekend. Deep, hacking cough. Went to the doctor. I've got bronchitis.

geez, louise.

At least, that what the Practical Nurse thought (or whatever the "super nurses" are called - the ones that can write prescriptions). About six years ago I got what was thought to be bronchitis during the summer ~ how does that happen, anyway? After one week of medication, I had gotten sicker. Then a different prescription was called in. Another week goes by, and by then I'm sick in bed. Good thing my daughters are old enough to entertain and feed themselves (my parents did help out, too). FINALLY, a doctor thought that maybe I had pneumonia and sent me to have chest x-rays.

When I asked why the pneumonia wasn't thought of earlier, my doctor said that they can't go and x-ray every chest that probably only has bronchitis.

I ended up being in bed for two weeks. I've never been so sick ~ even when I was pregnant with twins I wasn't confined to bed.

*hack hack* time to take some drugs.

3 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Ummmmm.....drugs! Almost sounds fun, if it were not for the "sick" part.

Winter is pretty much over here in South Florida. It will be hurricane season again soon. There are still houses in my neighborhood without any roofing tiles from Wilma.

But it is not all bad! I managed to get a $200 trench coat for $40! It is water proof, oil proof, and has a removable liner. I can use it as a rain coat if I want to - otherwise it will just hang out in the closet for a year.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Nothing like insurance to drag out a diagnosis...

Feel better, hon!

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Sar said...

3D - sorry I missed that you were sick! I'm horribly behind in my blogging due in part to all the illin going on in our home too. It's been a tough winter for illness.

I hope you're feeling better. Let those girls tend to you! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home