just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Old Photo Weekend


This weekend's photo is of my dad's mother and older three brothers - taken before dad was born in 1928. The infamous Uncle Owen is the youngest in this photo.

Yesterday someone must've hung a sign on me that said "delay this woman". When I got to the bank to do one simple little transaction, the woman in front of me had several complicated transactions going. She had a thick Asian accent and the one teller on duty (this is a low-traffic bank) had difficulty understanding her. There seemed to be an infinite number of "one more thing"s with this woman. My transaction was so quick that I was out fast enough to have her interfere with me trying to drive outta there!

Then when I went to Dunkin' Donuts to get a coffee and a donut. There were three cars in the small parking lot messing up those trying to get to the drive-thru window or to park. It appeared that they were traveling together and didn't want to get more than five feet from each other.

Then when I got to the grocery store, there were more people trying to keep me from getting in and parking. And I wasn't even trying to get a good spot ... just to get in and park!

9 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Lila said...

That's a great picture! Of course, Robert kinda looks younger than Owen to me.

Sounds like bad driving karma.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger TLP said...

I agree with AP3. If you don't know the players (the way you, actonbell, ap3 and I do), you would think that your Uncle Bob was the youngest. SO, for the rest of you: The infamous Uncle Owen is top right. Of course Bob ended up being 5'4" and Owen must be 6'.

It is a great photo. I don't even remember it.

The whole, entire world is always in my way. Seems folks have not gotten the memo that the roads and stores are MINE.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Maybe it's you? Check your head for horns....

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Great picture. Vexing a woman on the way in to Dunkin Donuts is just plain dumb.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger puppytoes said...

on days like that, i try to take a step back and think to myself "maybe i'm supposed to just slow down a bit"... when i actually do this, i usually wind up enjoying myself. i always figure those kinds of stupid and/or annoying delays occur for some karmic reason, (or maybe it's just the universe's little way of messin' with me). of course, on days i *don't* do this, i'm mad as hell, and i don't care who knows it!

lovelovelove the picture! classic! xox neva

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

A lovely sepia toned picture.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Fred said...

I love the really old photos like this. I have a few of Dad and his family, but none from Mom's side. I'll have to ask her if I can have one for my album.

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger puppytoes said...

wow! Jean-Luc Picard just called this a "lovely sepia toned picture"... color me impressed! (of course, the color would be sepia, so the look of impression might be easily mistaken for the look of someone going "Jean-Luc Picard? doesn't that looks more like Patrick Stewart...?", but that's beside the point!) xox neva

 
At 1:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such a lovely picture. I really want one like this.
human hair wigs for black women

 

Post a Comment

<< Home