just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Thursday, July 05, 2007

This 'N' That

http://www.allentownartmuseum.org/index.html
Today we're thinking of driving out to Allentown to see the Warner Brothers exhibit at the art museum. Just need to drag Bookworm out of bed before noon - not an easy task.


Goa'uld wants to take the drivers test tomorrow. Yippee, I won't have to drive them around all the time.


Nod and I will probably take a trip up to New Hampshire later this summer to visit his aunt and uncle and cousins (his father's sister is the aunt). Aunt & Uncle are getting older (of course) and Nod is worried that he'll not have a visit before it's too late. Our Girls might not go because it would interfere with Band. TLP and Dad are nearby and by then Goa'uld will be driving.




We saw Ratatouille a couple of days ago and I highly recommend it. Goa'uld was laughing way out loud on this one, as was I. If you do go to see it, stay for the end credits. They are very good, too. (Anyone remember the great graphics for the opening credits for West Side Story?)

Have you seen the news about Eclyse, the "hebra"? Her mother is a zebra and her father a horse. She's soooooooo cute, I think!



http://www.kingtut.org/home

And yes, mom, here is the King Tut exhibit review: We went to see it at the Franklin Institute in Philly on June 21. Very good, tho' that famous golden sarcophagus wasn't there. There was one that looked just like it, but apparently was that of a female relative. The exhibit really gave us a good idea of what Eygptian religious/belief systems were like back then, as well as all the material items that went with the burials and the reasons for their placement in the tombs. My only complaint would be that there were too many kids (summer camp groups, I guess) in a space that was at times small. However, if you are patient and just wait for the ebb and flow of traffic, it wasn't that hard to see/read everything. I would recommend to go ahead and get the prerecorded tour. I'm sure that I would have enjoyed the exhibit more with it.

8 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I saw the King Tut thing when it was in South Florida. I got the headset things, and it was worth it. King Tut is not allowed out of Egypt. They will not let the poor dude have a passport. But they did have a few items from his tomb. The golden dagger sticks out in my mind. The fine details that went into it was pretty amazing.

I was upset Steve Martin was not there.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

A hebra? Did they have two of these on the Ark? Pretty sensationally dorky, seems to me.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Hebra? Are you punkin' me? This is a real...animal???

Glad you liked Tut. I would like to go. Mmmmm....

I've seen a coupla folks post about Ratatouille being good, and *sigh*, I thought they were talking about some new recipe for rat-a-too-ee.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger TLP said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-MXzhA2RiA

I've checked out some sites that say this is a Zorse, and that the mother is a horse, and the sire is a zebra. Don't don't which of the sites are correct.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger dddragon said...

I had heard about the difference between zorse and hebra. The news that I saw said that most mixes are indeed of the sire-zebra mare-horse kind, but in this unusual case, it was a female zebra and male horse.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Lila said...

I don't approve of horses and zebras gettin' it on. Just sayin'.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger TLP said...

AP3, I did not rear you to be so narrow in your thinking. All sex between consenting adults is okay. (Come to the darkside. We have cookies.)

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

A zorse is a zorse, of course.

AP3, I guess everyone has one perversion they despise.

Yay for Dddragon posting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home