just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Notes

A few notes ~
  • My headache seems to be subsiding a little. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays away for awhile.
  • Mom and I worked on the mural at church for a few hours, it's progressing nicely. The newly formed orchestra (Tok'ra and Goa'uld are in it) came in later to practice, so we got to hear that. Mom did take photos, I expect they'll show up on her blog soon.
  • I'll be away until Sunday night for an adult Girl Scout outdoor conference. I forget what I signed up for, but I'm giving a workshop on new ways to make Sit Upons. I have my camera packed, so I should have pics later, too. But I can't promise that I'll be sleeping that well in a sleeping bag! You'd be amazed how loud the woods can get - all those critters chirping and so forth.
  • Thanks for all your kind comments about my participation at the sleep clinic. Besides the photo, the other souvenir I have is a sore spot where the technican rubbed a spot so raw I've now a scab. Right where the seatbelt's shoulder strap sits. ow.

Later, Y'all!

13 Comments:

At 2:32 AM, Blogger the many Bs said...

Have fun. Enjoy the fresh air! Take photos. I'll look forward to seeing them when you return!!!

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger GodlessMom said...

I'm glad to hear the headache is getting a bit better! Enjoy the sleeping bag, if the critters chirp too loudly you could always catch a couple of them and stuff them in your ears!

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger TLP said...

Ewww..I guess she's talkin' about earwigs. Never knew that was what they were for.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Lila said...

Glad you're feeling a bit better. Have fun at the conference!

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

I think it's time you all admit that you're Woman Scouts.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Sit Upons? Are those like Whoopy Cushions?

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Enjoy your time at the conference; I hope it's headache-free!

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Goa'uld said...

Well, if it’s remotely like the Girl Scout camp I went to, you’ll sleep just fine, ‘cause they’ll tire you out...

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Goa'uld said...

I didn't say I slept well...I said "just fine"...as in she'll actually sleep. I wasn't actually referring to the quality of the sleep or how much she'll get ;)

(Though, snoring isn't usually a problem, I think...)

And speaking of a take-a-walk-in-the-dark-to-the-outhouse-buddy, the new rule at camp is that you have to take your whole tent/cabin with you at night to the outhouse...

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger A Little Bar of Soap said...

A church mural with your mother? How positively lovely and Christian of you! I think an Old Testament mural would be particularly wonderful.

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Those little crickets rubbing their legs together can be maddening! Our back yard is full of them!

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

You'll really hear nature by being in woods in a sleeping bag!

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Hope you're having a good time at the conference. I'm guessing there will be a few good stories to tell!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home