just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Random Sightings

Some things just catch my eye ... things that I associate with other things, usually people. Like frogs with Kiddie B's kindergarten teacher, 'cause her husband supplied a tadpole pond every year, and everyone gave Mrs. S frog stuff. Ladybugs with my friend Deb J from Girl Scouts. Of course, Pez with sister Aral.

And Flamingos with Lucinda Sans -- Recently I saw an ad for New Yorker cartoon and cover artwork (http://www.cartoonbank.com/) and one of the examples had flamingos on it! If you go to Cartoon Bank and do a search on Garrett Price, then scroll down to the Covers, click on the March 8, 1952 date, you'll see this cover

5 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Yes, pink flamingos remind me of Lucinda Sans too, of course. And I guess I set myself up to be associated with Pez, which is fine with me! I think of you, Ms. Random, when I see dragons, for one thing.

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger dddragon said...

lol, of course dragons. The "teams" at work all have names, and one of the others is the Dragons. Their supervisor has a good many dragons at her desk. Then there's Dee's Bees ...

Aral, I think of you every time I'm @ Karns 'cause they have a Pez display rack there. It's 'bout the only place I know of that has them regularly.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Yep, flamingos for Lucinda, also salt and pepper shakers for her. Dragons for dddragon, and also Star Trek. Pez for Aral, ice hockey, baseball, etc. And CATS for you all! But currently, you are right on: flamingos, dragons, Pez.

The Three Stooges still bring back Nivek with a smile.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Lila said...

Yes, paperweights make me think of Tan Lucy for sure! And VACUUM CLEANERS! Well, any time I clean I think of Tan. (That's not very often though - LOL)

BUTTER reminds you of me??? That's pretty funny! And gross! AND SHAME ON YOU! WHAT KIND OF BIG SISTERS ARE YOU?!?

Along the same lines, Lucinda, Cool Whip makes me think of you. I seem to recall you eating the better part of a Cool Whip container with a spoon.... Ew.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Of course! Horses for dddragon! Why didn't that pop into my head? 'cuz I'm senile, that's why.
Of course cows! Duh. I'm slipping.

Hey, shoes and purses for Lucinda too.

Jesus, John, and Elvis on black velvet. I'd go a long way to get that for Aral.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home