just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Monday, August 22, 2005

Class Begins

Just another quickie (really!) post. Just got back from my first college class in 21 years. And yup, I think that I'm the oldest one there. There is one woman who is four years younger (we did an interview and sharing exercise and some told ages) and two other women who are older than the rest. But I'm thinking that they're still younger. We'll see.

I'm not looking forward to the two projects and exams. But the professor seems like a good guy. I seem to be the only one there who isn't there for a degree, but there is at least one guy who isn't an elementary education major. Prof. Miller asked everyone about their educational influences - and most of these people really disliked school, especially high school. I enjoyed school. Sure there were specific times when things weren't so great (moving three times in 8th grade, from Los Angeles to Pennsylvania, being one of them) but overall I have a positive memory of school.

Well, I'm still tired from the weekend and have lots to do this week, guess I'll go look at what needs to be done, then ignore it and go to bed.

7 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Lila said...

I hope you enjoy the class!

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

I think you should post your class notes here. Enjoy the rest.

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger the many Bs said...

I went back to school when I was in my 40's and I was the oldest kid in the class. I liked it! I liked the school and I liked hanging out with the other kids. Have fun!

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger TLP said...

I'll have several questions, but since I'll see you today, I'll hold them 'til then.

Stress? You have two degrees, you aren't trying to get another, so don't feel stress. New-born twins: that was stress.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger United We Lay said...

If there's anything I can do to help... I'm an Enlgish teacher and I correct college papers for a nominal fee, but for you, free, becuase I think you deserve someone to do something nice for you.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Will you be regaling this class with tales of your breadmaking/burning skills?

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I took a class two summers ago to expand my certification; at first it felt a bit odd to be in class with people thirty years my junior. But, as the class progressed, I found myself interested in their points of view and approach to life. It was a great experience for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home