just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Thursday, August 17, 2006

What's So Punny?

Actonbell told a story about how I had a laugh-attack because I "got" the pun with a local radio-personality's name. Someone wanted to know what this name was.

First, I must explain that I have known this guy and his wife since 1990. Not only do they live in our town, but they also have a set of twins (boy-girl) a couple of years older than my Twins. I was trying to remember their real last name - I can remember the first names of all four in this family, where they live, and what letter their real name starts with ...

And as I was sitting at the table in Red Lobster musing all this information, trying to talk my way into remembering this last tidbit of info, I said "... and way, way back he and that other guy had a morning radio show called Coffey and the Jammer ..."

That's when it hit me. Coffey and the Jammer. Coffee and Jam!

And that's when the laugh hit me, so to speak.

Yes, red-in-the-face-gasping-for-air-laughing. Quite amusing to watch, I gather.

ADDENDUM: This weekend I'm off the the annual outdoor Girl Scout leader conference. Here's a post that covers some of last year's. Since I've still things to pack and then to get on the road for the two hour drive, there won't be an old photo to post. Have a good weekend everyone!

12 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Oh, boy, do you gather correctly! Honey you are very amusing to watch when you fall apart laughing.

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Maybe you would like to be inducted into the ancient and venerable order of "The Knights Of Siam". Here is how to join.

1. In your front yard, chant the ancient and holy mantra. Oh-Wah-Ta-Na-Siam. While doing this, get on your knees and bow to the ground, arms straight out hands open palm down.

2. When the spirits of the order reveal the meaning of the holy mantra, email it to me. If you have the message correct I will inform you that you are inducted.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger dddragon said...

Lazy Iggy: I think that I was BORN into that group!!

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Sar said...

3D, I'm easily amused and I can relate to cracking yourself up. Still, I sure wish I could've seen that!

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

At least you gasp for air... I have been known to leak... from down there...

Not good...

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Marti said...

Nothin' like a good hearty belly laugh! Glad y'all had such a delightful get-together!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Lila said...

Yes, dddragon, you are truly funny to watch when you lose it like that!

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

That was it?

Oh, boy! Grilled eggs in the shell!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger puppytoes said...

apparently i'm the only one who didn't get the memo (that you'd be gone this weekend)...

hope the conference was as entertaining as it was instructive... i loved the punny story, and, in lieu of an old photo, i loveloveloved the image of you in a fit of uncontrolled laughter!! xox neva

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Minka said...

Well, I sure hope you had a lovely weekend with those scouts aroud you!
I donæt think we ahve anything like that...but I have read Donald Duck in my youth and the three little one were in teh scouts. See, how educative comics can be?!

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

:D

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger admin said...

a laugh-attack would probably kill me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home