just wait, it's coming! dddragon presents: Is Anything Truly Random?

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Silver Eagle

Last night I attended the E Association meeting (Hemlock GSC is divided into Associations, which in turn are divided into Service Units). Much to my surprise, I was awarded our Association's Silver Eagle.

So someone filled out the adult recognition form - don't know who - saying that I was a big help, etc. What a nice surprise!

Apparently my other GS friends were afraid that I wasn't going to go - I did have a KMOM meeting to go to last night, too, but I opted to go to the Association meeting instead


A wonderful example of living the Girl Scout spirit is Florence Pyle (and there is now an award named for her), who turns 90 on April 15. She's been with Hemlock Council since before it was Hemlock Council (and that's over 40 years).

Hemlock has recently announced a plan to raise $10M by Girl Scouting's 100th Anniversary - that's in 2012. That's alot of money!

2 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Blogger TLP said...

Shout out to dddragon! Hey, I am so proud of you! You certainly deserve an award. You work very hard for GS. Congratulations sweetie.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Lila said...

Congratulations! That's great! Yes, it sure sounds like you deserve it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home